Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How Does God Do That?

How does God do that? Have you ever asked that question when God puts together happenings, comments from a person or even a radio preacher, and a scripture passage during your regular daily devotion time in such a way as to be the most opportune times to get you through a tough situation? The obvious answer to the first question is because he is God. He can do anything. But it is absolutely awe-inspiringly amazing when it happens to me. If your answer to the second question is “no”, well, I’d have to say you may be like the character in the movie Signs who has signs from God all around him but he does not see them. You may have on your blinders so you do not recognize the work God is doing around you and in your life.

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:28-29 NIV

This scripture passage was key to creating a peace in my mind today that only God could create. I am sure that even though my current life happenings may seem difficult to some, I have been able to maintain a sense of peace and rightness. God has a way of creating calm in me even while the storm is raging around me. Several things happened today that if the same things had happened ten years ago I would have been furious, devastated, frustrated, emotionally spent. Yes, my physical body is worn out—tired. But my emotional and spiritual self is healthy and energized. Praise the Lord who “...works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28 NIV)

So I must keep my focus on God so I will recognize and respond to his signs for me.

Lord, thank you for loving me enough to give me the signs I need just at the moment I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment