Monday, September 20, 2010

Overwhelmed

I am feeling overwhelmed tonight. Nothing that dramatic is happening. It is just an accumulation of many small things.

“Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22 NIV

Okay, Lord, I hear the message in this passage of Scripture. But it is hard. There are so many details over which I have no control for the expected events taking place this week. I just cannot seem to wrap my mind around what I need to do. My brain is foggy. Clear thinking is just not happening.

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV

So, God, part of the problem may be that I am not humbling myself before you. Why should I be worrying about things over which I have no control? God, you are always in control. Turning my anxiety over to you is the only logical course.

God, forgive my arrogant attitude of thinking I am indispensable for the events happening this week. But, what about the details I need to handle?

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34 NIV

God, that is very clear. I am not to worry about what is possibly going to happen. Lord, conform my actions, plans, and attitudes so that they align with your wishes. Give me wisdom to handle the next few days in a manner glorifying to you.

“The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7 NKJV

What a promise!

Lord, give me a willing heart to humbly trust you with the events in my life this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment