Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Topsy Turvy

My life is topsy-turvy. My activities, sleeping, eating, and routines are all dramatically different. I am discombobulated. (Is that a word?) Well, you get the picture.

I apologize for not writing on this blog for the past week. Please continue to check because I should be back to writing soon. Things are beginning to settle down somewhat. September 8 at 12:30 AM we had to call the ambulance to have my mother-in-law transported to the hospital. She is still in the hospital and still has an IV. Praise the Lord she is improving. Ray and I have learned how to easily negotiate the hospital cafeteria and are ready to recognize some of the staff as important friends. Ray’s mom has received very good care all the staff--nurse, CNA, OT, PT, social worker, dietician, and others. We love her doctor.

My writing time has been one of the things which has been temporarily abandoned. My mind has been on almost everything except writing. I have spent extra time studying my Bible and reflecting on how God is working in my life and the world around me. God has shown himself to me in ways that I found unexpected. While sitting in a hospital you expect God to give you peace, strength, and courage. Instead he has convicted me of areas of sin in my life. He has made me realize how much I fight his way because I want things my way. He has convicted me of how I use my tongue. My words are not always his words or words which bring glory to him. My frustration and anger are still issues I have not mastered and cannot master unless I am willing to submit completely to him. I have seen how I am not living his first commandment.

“Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.” Matthew 22:37-38 NIV

So, no matter what is happening in this life, I must put God first because only he is worthy. My uncontrolled tongue and anger are an affront to God and must be controlled through the power given me by the Holy Spirit.

Lord, draw me close to you. I cannot do it on my power. Give me your love, wisdom, words, and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment