Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Heart

Today, my heart is thankful.

“give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

So I prayed to my God with praise and thanksgiving.

“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2 NIV

How can I not give thanks to my God who was, is, and forever shall be?

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV

He has given me eternal life with him. Amazing that he should desire for me to be one of his children.

“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV

So for what are you thankful?

Lord, thank you for my salvation, prayer, love, family, a home, an income, laughter, friends, food, my car, safety, protection, my church, the Bible, books, computers, telephones, the seasons, and … How can I list all the ways you have blessed me. But tonight, Lord, I am especially thankful for my health and my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment