Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bummer

I have just been off today. Nothing flowed. I felt disoriented. I could not get motivated. What is up with this? The morning actually went well. Nothing bad happened in the afternoon or evening. I just feel ill at ease. I cannot seem to focus, but yet that is not true. I cannot put my finger on it, but something is out of kilter with my psychic. Right now I need a big hug—to feel loved and needed.

Why is this? Today several ladies affirmed me and my Christian witness at Bible Study Fellowship. Three different family members in completely different situations and locations gave me warm fuzzies. What is wrong with me? Maybe my focus has been temporarily diverted from God.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 NIV

So why can’t I feel satisfied and loved? Why do I focus on the relationship which seems to be irrevocably damaged? Why must I feel so needy?

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.” Romans 8:26 NIV

How affirming! I can ask for no more. The Holy Spirit is my strength when I am weak. He helps me in my prayers to beg God for reassurance that my life is significant. In my need I implore God for manifestations of his love, and he provides.

Lord, I yearn for you. Thank you for providing signs that I am living my life as a witness of your love. But, Lord, the affirmations of this world do not quench my thirst because only you can bestow the recognition of a life of significance and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment