Friday, May 7, 2010

Who Says?

It had been a hectic day filled with family responsibilities. I was extremely disappointed that I was unable to go on the Hwy 254 prayer walk from Benton to Park City. I wanted desperately to be a part of praying along that road while moving at a slow pace. I often pray and I drive that highway while driving 70 mph, but to pray for the people driving by, for the owners of the land, and for a spiritual cleansing of that area of Butler County and Sedgwick County—what a privilege it would have been. But that task was not given to me by God. According to reports there were about ten people that God gave this job, and they were blessed. What an inspiration to know that Millie Young was one of those people! What other seventy-something person would walk and pray for four hours while walking from our church to the church plant sight, but Millie? What a heart for God!

I pulled into the church parking lot about 8:45 PM. Several cars were still there so I entered the front doors and walked into the worship area. By the time I had taken my first step into the room, I felt God wrapping His arms around me. I was quietly greeted and signed my name on the paper at the front greeting table. I walked to the first prayer station and started reading prayers written on the table tops. Tears filled my eyes and an unexplainable joy filled my heart. As I walked from prayer station to prayer station, I felt God wrapping me up as if in a cocoon of his love. Tears of joy flowed then and flow now as I write about the experience. People moved quietly from prayer station to prayer station. The dimmed lights and soft spiritual music set the mood perfectly. People prayed at the prayer walls and put hearts and crosses on the prayer messages they were praying over. New prayer requests were added. I could not bring myself to write. My hand was too shaky, but I placed it on the request I was praying over.

Finally I knelt at the alter and had an intense quiet time with My God and My Savior. I spoke to Him and He spoke to me.

So who says you cannot physically feel the presence of God? I did last evening.

Lord, thank you for providing a special day and time for us to set aside to meet you. May it sustain us in the days to come and encourage us to daily set aside a special, unhurried time for you.

1 comment:

  1. So many at TBC commented on feeling the presence of God on Thursday (National Day of Prayer). None commented as an assent to another but as a 'stand-alone' testimony. Interesting...

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete