Saturday, May 1, 2010

Got Talent

What a blessing to be at the Taylor Weber concert tonight. This was the debut of her CD Sweet Release. And it was a sweet release of the spiritual kind. Her voice was showcased by the songs she selected for performance. Her stage presence was very mature. She even cracked a joke and laughed. Fun. However, the real blessing was in the message of the evening. Put God first because he is always there for you.

Taylor is proof of Jeremiah 29:11. “ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ” NIV

God has a purpose for Taylor, and she is beginning to grasp how God may be positioning her to accomplish his aim. What a witness that she is following God’s plan for her voice and not the popular trends for the modern talented vocalist.

Where did those words-- the messages-- in the songs she wrote come from? It is impossible that they came from the mind of a person who has only been out of high school one year. The imagery and the obvious depth of her belief in the sovereignty of God can’t be missed. The songs are God-inspired. God does have plans for her.

She has the talent. She has the faith. She has the right focus. She has the verse to keep her center of attention on God.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26 NIV

So how am I using my talents and skills? Even though my talents may not be amazing by worldly standards like Taylor’s are, God created plans for me with the abilities he gave me. Am I using them to serve God according to his direction?

Lord, you know the plans you have for me. You have given me all I need to successfully complete your plans. Now, Lord, give me the wisdom and the strength to use my capabilities to serve you each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment