Sunday, May 30, 2010

Don't Want to Be Adult

Right now I do not want to be an adult with responsibilities. I do not want to make the hard decisions. I want someone else to take charge so I can gripe from the sidelines like an adolescent child. I am overwhelmed as I swim around in the confusion caused by lack of information and the blurry lines for what is the right thing to do. I know what the Bible says.

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV

So I am to trust God. When I dwell on and nourish my worries and frustrations I am setting myself up as more important than God. I am being self-directed and not God-directed. Just maybe my prescription for spiritual health tonight should be to kneel before God and beg his forgiveness for my sin of pride.

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;” Ps 37:7a NIV

Not only must I confess but I also must be patient and still as I wait for God’s flawless instructions.

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”. Philippians 4:7 NIV

Lord, forgive my arrogance of wallowing in my self-pity. Give me the wisdom and patience to persevere through this season of caring for aged parents.

2 comments:

  1. Peace to you...I know you're going through a lot right now and I just wanted to say you'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. You know that you are a very special person to Aunt Mae. I am so glad God created family to love and to sustain us.

    ReplyDelete