Thursday, October 14, 2010

Be Still

Very, very tired. Not enough sleep. My mind just cannot clearly sort things out. God has given me a topic to write about, but I cannot get it started. The words just are not coming. I have tried, but the words are a jumble in my head. The Bible truth God revealed is clear to me, but it will not move from my head to my fingers to my computer.

Is it my human failure? Is it Satan keeping me mute? Is the blog idea not in God’s timing? Right now, I do not know which of the three it is. All I know is that the words from my heart are a muddled mess when they try to express themselves on the written page.

In times like these, I am learning to seek God’s direction. Tonight a verse from Psalms was given to me.

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;” Psalm 37:7a NIV

I do not know if I am to not communicate this idea because I am exhausted (always a good idea), or I am to be still because God is telling me to develop the item he has placed on my heart more before putting it in print. Either way, I must submit.

So rather than push forward in my power, I am requesting and waiting for God's power.

Lord, thank you for giving me times of silence. It is such a relief to quietly seek you during a part of my noisy, busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment