Saturday, April 3, 2010

Let Jesus Lead

Our role is to serve one another. We are to develop the hearts of servants. We are even to be servants to those who will betray us or leave us when the going gets rough. It is one thing to have the rejection or betrayal after the act of service, but it is quite another thing to perform the act of service knowing that a person will not recognize or respect our work. Jesus did just that. He lovingly washed Judas’ feet. He lovingly washed the feet of his disciples who ran, hid, and denied knowing him.

So how many times have we said we would not help this person or would not even consider performing a kind act because a person would not appreciate it? How often have we gone into the self-protection mode instead of following the lead of Jesus? We are called only to do as God desires. We do not have to worry about the consequences. Nor should we worry about the consequences. That is God’s territory. He is the one who will work in the hearts of those we serve. To serve with love is our only job. The rest is up to God.

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21 NIV

This is my command: Love each other. John 15:17 NIV

Lord, create in me a heart filled with love for others. Make me a willing servant to all you call me to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment