Friday, April 9, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. When it works like it is supposed to work (quickly doing what I want), I love it. When I cannot get it to do as I please, I hate it. Generally I dislike my laptop friend as I bumble along in frustration when I am learning a new program or trying to do something I have not tried before.

Yesterday, I was frustrated for another reason. My computer has had some “issues” lately so I had the local computer guy work on it. He did a great job, but things look different. Not a big deal. It didn’t take long to adjust to the new look. My frustration came with trying to get onto the internet. I couldn’t. It asked for my service key. I gave it my password. Not accepted. I gave it another password thinking I might have copied the password down wrong. Not accepted. I manually installed the software that came with my modem. No difference. I uninstalled the software and installed it again. No internet. Let’s just say that I spent over an hour trying everything I could think of. I called the nice computer guy, and his voice said to leave a message. I hung up. As a last ditch effort, I called tech service. Voila! They knew my problem and told me how to fix the issue. It wasn’t asking for my password. It was asking for the service key which was clearly printed on my modem. So simple a solution.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV

So how often do I treat Jesus the same way I did this internet issue? How often do I try to fix things on my own? How much more effective could I be and how much less frustration would I experience if I consulted Jesus, life’s expert, first?

Lord, bring me closer to you. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, remind me to consult Jesus beforeI start to take off in my own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment