Sunday, April 4, 2010

Love God How?

“… our faith must be exercised in the realities of everyday life… no matter where God may place us or what inner emptiness we experience, we can praise God that all is well. That is what is meant by faith being exercised in the realities of life…Do we not see God at work in our circumstances?...Are we prepared to let God do what He wants with us?" My Utmost for His Highest April 4

So I serve an amazing God. His demands are simple. Love God above all else. Praise him in all circumstances. It does not matter if events are challenging or wonderful. I am to thank God for both situations. I am to look for God in every situation. I am to follow his directions. If I do these things God has promised to give me joy and peace which may not be logical according to human thought. Nevertheless it is real. The Holy Spirit lives in me now and I will live with God forever. I serve an amazing God.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NIV

Lord, create in me a yearning which I cannot resist to praise you and to give thanks in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment