Friday, April 2, 2010

What Fascinates

…The lasting characteristic of a spiritual man is the ability to understand correctly the meaning of the Lord Jesus Christ in his life…Never allow anything to divert you from your insight into Jesus Christ. It is the true test of whether you are spiritual or not. To be unspiritual means that other things have a growing fascination for you…My Utmost for His Highest April 2

So what has a growing fascination in my life? God made us curious. He made me with a desire to learn—to know more. But is something which fascinates me becoming a hindrance to my walk with God? Is it keeping me from prayer? Is it keeping me from spending a meaningful amount of time in His Word daily? Is it keeping me from following His direction? Or is it a fascination that God has given me because I am to develop a new skill or gain knowledge for the next task He gives me?

Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard. Every prudent man acts out of knowledge, but a fool exposes his folly. Proverbs 13:15-16 NIV

Lord, thank you for making my life interesting and full of opportunities to enjoy and learn. Create in me areas of curiosity toward an experience or area of knowledge that you desire for me to take up in more depth. And clearly show me those areas of interest that are to be only tasted and not pursued.

No comments:

Post a Comment