Monday, July 26, 2010

Chocolate or Tea or God

What do you do to console yourself when life is tough? When I need comfort I tend to seek food especially if it has chocolate as an ingredient, or I might brew a cup of tea and sit on the deck by myself listening to the birds and the gurgle of the fountain.

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:28-29 NIV

So the only source of true comfort is God. Generally while sipping tea on the deck I do pray. Instead of being an “Oh, yah, maybe I should pray” behavior, prayer to my God and Savior should be my first source of comfort.

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you'…you will rejoice in the Lord and glory in the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 41:13, 16b NIV

So God brings renewal and strength to those who seek him. He holds our hands and helps us.

"But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs…so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it." Isaiah 41:17b-18, 20 NIV

So God can do the impossible and does do the impossible so we can understand he is the Creator and Controller of all things.

Lord, draw me to you when I need comfort. Forgive my doubts and unbelief when faced with difficult circumstances. Mold me and make me please you and glorify you in all that I do no matter how difficult I may perceive the situation to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment