Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nothing to Say

I have had several topics running through my mind as possible topics for today’s blog. But none of them solidified into anything worth writing. I am taking this as a sign from God that I am not to use my words today. So here are God’s words.

“All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:15-18 NIV

So no matter what is happening in my life, God is with me and renewing me spiritually. He gives me encouragement and strength to restore my spirit. All I have to do is to look for those signs of encouragement and to focus on them for they are God's gift to me.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. Romans 8:28-30 NIV

Lord, thank you for the little nuggets of encouragement you send daily even though the troubles of the day may seem overwhelming. You know just what I need to give me strength to praise you in every situation. For I can rest assured that you have called me according to your purpose and are conforming me to the likeness of Jesus Christ. Please continue to make me more mature spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment