Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who Am I?

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him...” Ps 8:1, 3, 4a NIV

Who am I that the God of the universe should pay attention to me? I am a nobody. Nevertheless the Bible clearly states God does care about me.

“Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” John 15:13, 16 NIV

So, not only did God create everything, Jesus laid down his life for me, he CHOSE me, and he has a purpose for my life. I am to bear fruit for him. I am to be his witness and perform good deeds. And he will answer my prayers.

“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20 NIV

My God wants a relationship with me! Amazing! For who am I?

Lord, thank you for choosing me. Thank you for giving me purpose in this life. You truly are majestic.

1 comment: