Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Center

I was feeling sorry for myself this afternoon. My life has taking a dramatically different path from the one I had planned. Three years ago God made it very clear that I was to make some changes. I left a career that I loved. It was my idol. It took me almost two years after I resigned to give it up in my heart. The past year had another unexpected turn of events. God allowed me to experience some relationship difficulties in two areas of my life along with some other unexpected trials. I wish I could say I am a quick learner and God just needed to nudge me this time. Unfortunately, God knew I would need to suffer some excruciating pain to get me to pay attention and make me desire to be submissive so he could mold me as my Master Potter.

“But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ…I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me…I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:7, 10, 12b, 14 NIV

So I must cultivate a desire to know God more than any desire I might have for things in this world. Paul did and God used him powerfully. Maybe if I truly place God before anything else, including myself, then God will use me in some small way to bring glory to my Lord Jesus Christ.

“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?’ ‘Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?’ For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.” Romans 11:33-36 NIV

I want to be like the lady who made this request on her ninety-eighth birthday, “Please pray for me to know God’s plan for my life and what He’s left me on earth to do.”

Lord, be the center of my life on earth. Make me your obedient, humble servant

No comments:

Post a Comment